Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Maybe I'm a Little Cranky

Most of the positive feedback I have received as a pastor is on how well I care for the people—visitation, counseling, bereavement and hospital calls. People say it is one of my strengths as a pastor.

Most of the negative feedback I have received as a pastor is that I don’t give enough care to people--not enough visitation, counseling, bereavement and hospital calls. People say it is one of my weaknesses as a pastor.

What gives?

Some people are appreciative and unspoiled. They are a pleasure to serve. Others are spoiled and dissatisfied with my efforts. I’ll still serve them with a smile, but at Christmas, I’ll point to the mistletoe I have tied to my belt in the back.

But I’m not bitter--:p

2 comments:

  1. Hilarious! "Apples of gold on pictures of silver!" I was going to suggest that you and likeminded ministers pursue the financial angle on this and set up a row of kissing booths, but you'd probably make more money selling fruitcakes. Or chocolate covered crickets.

    Jaguar

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can't please everybody all of the time. But you can piss on the ones you can't please.

    Of course, if they're one of the few that is into that, I guess that defeats the purpose.

    ReplyDelete