Monday, May 16, 2011

Sore Loser

It’s working out.

My reputation is intact. No one in the denomination believes the unfair criticism people leveled at me. I’m going to a better church that’s eager for me to come. The schools will be good for my children. My wife likes our new home which will be nicer than anything we’ve lived in before.

I’m going on to better things.

They will still have each other.

I win.

And yet it galls me something fierce to walk away without having gotten the job done.

So if I could stay, would I?

Hell no.  

But I hate losing.

7 comments:

  1. Losing? I don't see it that way at all.

    Luke 9:5 (King James Version)

    5And whosoever will not receive you, when ye go out of that city, shake off the very dust from your feet for a testimony against them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mike, you ole Bible thumper you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, it wasn't yours to win or lose CMan. Do you remember that someone else said "shake off the very dust from your feet"? Now I even know where it comes from! :)

    This is going to be a better place for you. Go there and leave the rest behind. It's as it should be. ~K

    ReplyDelete
  4. K, yeah yeah, I know good and well where that saying comes from. I just wasn't thinking of it that way.

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My friend Bob posting something today that I find appropriate for this topic.

    Kansas Bob - Quitting is not Failing

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mike, that was a good post. Much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete